- 3:30 PM UAW membership meeting in Bagley 154, to be followed by a UAW action (more details to come from UAW)
- 7-9 PM Caring Labor event sponsored by the Bridges Center. "Young, Disparaged and Paid in Smiles: Experiences in the Caring Labor Industry," Room 305AM, UW School of Social Work, 4101 15th Ave NE.
More info: http://depts.washington.edu/
- 11-11:30 AM Come picket in the Quad with FaDU and teaching and research assistants at UW who are fighting for a fair labor contract. The current contract for "academic student employees" expires April 30, but negotiations are likely to extend into the summer.
Sunday May 1st
- NOON International Worker's day march for immigrants' and workers' rights. Meet at noon at Judkins Playfield, 611 20th Ave S, Seattle
- Meet up with FaDU at the march to join us for a BBQ afterwards